If you spend a lot of time surfing the Internet, you need protection against online threats. Thanks to Norton AntiVirus, Symantec’s most popular security product, you are protected against a wide array of malicious software. Whether you are banking online, emailing friends or chatting via Instant Messaging, your protection is always on and up-to-date.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NORTON ANTIVIRUS
Back to Top
- Norton AntiVirus was engineered around the Intelligent Threat Protection concept: its core technology, the Norton Protection System, uses multiple layers of security that work together to proactively block attacks and remove threats – something that traditional virus detection methods cannot achieve. In addition, all downloads, files and applications are checked before you can use them on your computer. Security holes in your operating system and browser are guarded so no infections can get to you that way. Your emails and Instant Messages are always scanned to detect potential threats.
- Norton AntiVirus has top-notch performance: fast and light on system resources, it uses Norton Insight to scan only files that are at risk. This means fewer scans and therefore better PC performance. ItsSmart Scheduler feature initiates scans only when your PC is idle; Silent Mode is engaged automatically when playing games or watching movies so that alerts, updates and scans are delayed until you are done; for laptops, Power Saver Settings delay power-hungry activities until your computer is plugged in.
- Norton AntiVirus protects you against today’s “rapid-fire” attacks, for which “signatures” don’t yet exist. This is done with Norton Insight Network, which uses Symantec’s global security network to extract information about the very latest threats and prevent them from getting to your computer. Also, the SONAR 4 technology uses online intelligence and proactive monitoring to detect and block new threats. Finally, Norton Pulse Updates allow frequent, small updates of Norton AntiVirus’s threat database, meaning it is as current as can be in terms of latest threat detection.
- Norton AntiVirus gives you information on threats that it has detected and removed so you know exactly what is going on with your computer, thanks to Norton Threat Insight. Also, Norton Download Insight warns you of dangerous downloads you are about to make and Norton File Insight shows you information about applications you are trying to install, whether or not they are trusted and if they will impact your computer’s speed more than you’d like.
- Norton AntiVirus helps you keep your PC running at top speed with automatic and on-demand application optimization. Its Norton System Insight feature gives you a log of recent events such as downloads, installations, scans and detected threats so you can get a better understanding of what is slowing down your PC. It also provides you with resource usage graphs which help you pinpoint resource-heavy processes.
5 REASONS TO OWN NORTON ANTIVIRUS
So why buy Norton AntiVirus? Here are 5 key advantages of this award-winning product over other antivirus programs available on the market:
- You are protected against viruses but also spyware, which means you don’t need to buy a separate antispyware program. That equates to more protection for the same price and less headaches to try and make different pieces of software work together.
- Get peace of mind: after an installation that typically lasts less than a minute, your PC is protected for one year against most online threats for just overksh 500 a month.
- Performance is unmatched by the competition, as measured by independent third-party test lab PassMark Software: Norton AntiVirus is extremely light on system resources, using around 8 MB of working memory. It also has the fastest scans in the industry: only 61 seconds on a Hard Disk Drive and 31 seconds on a Solid State Drive.
- Worry-free, automated protection: thinking about trying one of these free antivirus programs? Think again, unless you are willing to update the software yourself every day to keep it current, unnecessarily slowing down your computer – when you actually don’t forget to do it. On the other hand, Norton AntiVirus’s performance impact is minimal; product updates are automatic, frequent and small in size so their download and installation are quick and unobtrusive.
- 24/7 technical support is always FREE and accessible directly from the user interface. You can choose between email, phone or even chat.
WHAT CAN NORTON ANTIVIRUS DO FOR ME?
Back to Top
Need more details? Norton AntiVirus protects you not only against the most common online threats such as viruses, Trojan horses, worms and spyware, but also malicious software you probably have never heard of: rootkits, bots, browser exploits and the like. Its strength is really built upon two key technologies from Symantec:
1. The Norton™ Protection System provides multiple layers of protection that work together so they neutralize threats before they even reach you:
- SONAR 4 (Symantec™ Online Network for Advanced Response), Symantec’s malware detection technology based on application behavior;
- IPS (Enhanced Intrusion Protection System): a dedicated protection engine for multimedia attacks;
- Browser exploits protection for Internet Explorer and Firefox: vulnerabilities in browsers can’t be used to install spyware or cause crashes, for instance;
- Antibot protection: so hackers can’t take control of your PC;
- Norton™ Recovery Tool can repair systems that have been deeply infected and help rebooting them.
Guarantee your protection against online threats at all times with state-of-the art security software by Symantec: CALL +254725106822